Architecturally stunning glass domes house tropical plants and the visual surprise of one of the world's rarest and most fragile of butterflies. One of the best things to do with kids is to visit one of the purpose-built, often eco-friendly flora and fauna venues dotted around the country. Should your brood be wannabe scientists and mechanics, top of your ‘places to go with kids’ list should be science centres with practical interactive exhibitions, while model railway museums are among the most popular attractions in England.
- (-) Remove North East England filter North East England
- Activities (1) Apply Activities filter
- (-) Remove Attractions filter Attractions
- City (1) Apply City filter
- (-) Remove Indoor Activities filter Indoor Activities
Rainy Day Activities: Venture into the gruesome York Dungeon
There’s spine-chilling fun to be had in this dungeon, where 2,000 horrible years of history are brought to life by grisly theatre and sudden frights.
Location: York, North Yorkshire