Whether you’re on a day trip with family or on a romantic break with your other half, there are plenty of things to do in Cornwall. Take advantage of the often stunning weather by surfing off Atlantic coves, ambling across granite moors or striding out on the South West Coast Path across Cornwall’s sandy beaches and wild flower-strewn clifftops. Got green fingers? Potter around lush gardens that can be found at Cornwall’s National Trust sites and in the modern biomes of the Eden Project alike. Explore super-quaint harbour towns, like Padstow and St Ives, where many a celebrity chef has taken up residence, and tuck into an endless list of Cornish delicacies – crumbly Yarg cheese, meat-stuffed pasties and Cornish cream teas with clotted cream – on England's southwest toe. Visit Cornwall for all of this and much, much more.
Places to visit in Cornwall
- (-) Remove South West England filter South West England
- Accessible breaks and places to stay (1) Apply Accessible breaks and places to stay filter
- Activities (17) Apply Activities filter
- Boating (2) Apply Boating filter
- Countryside pursuits (1) Apply Countryside pursuits filter
- Cycling (2) Apply Cycling filter
- Extreme Sports (1) Apply Extreme Sports filter
- Going underground (1) Apply Going underground filter
- Tours and trails (2) Apply Tours and trails filter
- Walking and hiking (3) Apply Walking and hiking filter
- Watersports (4) Apply Watersports filter
- Autumn Break Ideas (2) Apply Autumn Break Ideas filter
- Budget (8) Apply Budget filter
- City (1) Apply City filter
- Coast (49) Apply Coast filter
- Countryside (20) Apply Countryside filter
- Culture (9) Apply Culture filter
- Architectural wonders (1) Apply Architectural wonders filter
- Arts and cultural events (2) Apply Arts and cultural events filter
- Festivals and carnivals (5) Apply Festivals and carnivals filter
- Literature, film and TV (4) Apply Literature, film and TV filter
- Museums galleries and libraries (1) Apply Museums galleries and libraries filter
- Music festivals in England (1) Apply Music festivals in England filter
- Outdoor art and sculpture (1) Apply Outdoor art and sculpture filter
- Performing arts (1) Apply Performing arts filter
- Days Out in England (1) Apply Days Out in England filter
- Events (7) Apply Events filter
- Family (10) Apply Family filter
- Food and Drink (7) Apply Food and Drink filter
- Eating out (2) Apply Eating out filter
- Food markets and experiences (1) Apply Food markets and experiences filter
- Pubs and cocktail bars (1) Apply Pubs and cocktail bars filter
- Regional specialities (1) Apply Regional specialities filter
- Vineyards and wine tasting (1) Apply Vineyards and wine tasting filter
- Heritage (11) Apply Heritage filter
- Lifestyle (3) Apply Lifestyle filter
- Romance (8) Apply Romance filter
Discover The Lost Gardens of Heligan
Explore hidden paths and bamboo tunnels on this aristocratic Cornwall estate.
Location: Heligan, Cornwall
Discover Cornwall's Eden Project
Five biomes nestled under five giant bubbles in the hills of Cornwall make for one of Britain's most impressive indoor eco-attractions.
Location: St Austell, Cornwall
Leap into the surf at some of Cornwall’s most spectacular beaches
Surfing is every bit as much fun as it looks and the true Cornish experience is not complete without riding the waves at one of Cornwall’s golden beaches, with well-trained instructors.
Location: Across Cornwall
Alice in Wonderland at Antony House
Just over the Tamar, Antony House was the location for the hit 'Alice in Wonderland' 2010. Here you can explore its formal gardens, sculptures and the National Collection of Daylilies.
Location: Torpoint, Cornwall
A perfect Cornish getaway
This peaceful village used to be a hotbed for smugglers but remains a Cornish delight to escape to at any time of the year.
Location: Cawsand, Cornwall
Retreat to Ruthern Valley
Get some peace and quiet in a wooded valley inhabited with squirrels and wild rabbits.
Location: Bodmin, Cornwall
Go rugged and budget in Cornwall
Newly renovated, situated on the rugged cornish coast and cheap as chips.
Location: Boscastle, Cornwall
Cycle The Camel Trail to Bodmin Gaol
The Camel Trail provides access to the beautiful Cornish countryside along a disused railway line.
Location: Padstow to Bodmin, Cornwall
Explore the Cornish sea
The Cornish Sea is the unique marine graveyard, and also doubles up as a mecca for scuba divers.
Location: Falmouth, Cornwall
Head to Lanhydrock for a splendid woodland picnic
Head to finest house in Cornwall for a relaxing picnic with magnificent panoramic views and 900 acres of parkland and woodland.
Location: Bodmin, Cornwall
Make your escape to the Isles of Scilly
Clear waters and a balmy micro-climate are just a few of the reasons to head to the Isles of Scilly this summer.
Location: Scilly Isles, Cornwall
Stroll along the ruins of Tintagel Castle
Tintagel Castle is full of legend and mystery, and these evocative ruins have got to be one of England’s most mysterious and romantic spots.
Location: Tintagel, Cornwall
Take a dip in Bude Sea Pool
Take the whole family to this part man-made, part natural sea pool which nestles under the cliffs at Summerleaze beach in Bude.
Location: Bude, Cornwall
Take a visit to Looe Island
Looe Island Nature Reserve is a haven for diverse and fascinating wildlife, from silver-washed fritillaries to grey seals.
Location: Looe, Cornwall
Try sea kayaking in St Austell Bay
With its sheltered beaches and harbours, St Austell Bay is the ideal location for sea kayaking.
Location: St Austell, Cornwall
Ride a horse across Perranporth beach
Enjoy an exhilarating gallop through the Atlantic waves and three miles of golden sand at Cornwall’s popular Perranporth beach.
Location: Perranporth, Cornwall
A warm welcome awaits weary travellers at the Victoria Inn
Reward yourself after a bracing walk along the coast with a pint in one of Cornwall’s oldest watering holes.
Location: Penzance, Cornwall
July events: Step into a midsummer night’s dream at Port Eliot Festival
Culture galore mixed with the beautiful Cornish countryside makes the annual Port Eliot Festival a truly magical summer event.
Location: Port Eliot, Cornwall
August events: Eat, drink and be merry at the Newlyn Fish Festival
Celebrate the Cornish fishing community’s hard work and delicious produce at the Newlyn Fish Festival.
Location: Newlyn, Cornwall
Relax in sustainable style in The Geo Ekopod on Bodmin Moor
Escape the rat race to enjoy the unique peace and tranquillity of Bodmin Moor in a luxurious, sustainable Geopod.
Location: Bodmin Moor, Cornwall