London’s country estate
- From royals to future Prime Ministers, ancient Eton College has educated them all. Private group tours are available at certain times of year through this prestigious school.
- Discover a destination with six five-star hotel properties, plus a raft of restaurants boasting seven Michelin stars collectively.
- From beautiful National Trust gardens and the vast sweep of Windsor Great Park, to the glorious River Thames, delegates can take in the refreshing event landscapes that await.
- Historic venues, riverside retreats, world-famous racecourses - the Royal Borough has something for every delegate taste.
- Windsor forms the filming backdrop to some classic British movies, from James Bond at Stoke Park to the Hammer House of Horror gothic exterior of Oakley Court.
The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead is 30 miles west of London, with Heathrow Airport just a 15-minute drive away.
Business & Management
Henley Business School, one of the top schools in its field can be found at the nearby University of Reading. Ranked in the top 250 by both The World University Rankings 2021 and QS World University Rankings 2022, Henley Business School offers a huge range of talent development and executive education programmes, from triple-accredited MBAs to programmes and events targeted at helping small and medium-sized businesses. The School's applied research centre focuses on topics such as leadership, customer management, entrepreneurship and reputation and offers some of the UK’s best professional education and training.
Windsor is home to the ‘Sport of Kings’ and two of the UK’s finest racecourses – Ascot and Royal Windsor. The former hosts one of the UK’s most popular sporting events. Held every June, the Royal Meeting - which is attended by the Royal family - sees the world’s finest race horses compete for more than £7.3 million in prize money.
Royal Windsor is one of the oldest racecourses in the country and can be found in the shadow of Windsor Castle on the banks of the River Thames. It holds a number of events throughout the year.
In 2018, Windsor became the UK’s most popular tourism destination, thanks to the wedding of Prince Harry to Meghan Markle. The Office of National Statistics predicted the Royal Wedding would add $680 million to the local economy, courtesy of visitor spend, souvenirs and hotel stay.
Nielsen data says 29 million Americans tuned in to watch the royal couple say their vows. Within three months of the wedding, Windsor Castle’s visitor bookings had soared by 92% and continue to be a leading tourist attraction.
Where to stay
Known for its luxury, Windsor has six five-star hotels, plus plenty of accommodation options to suit all budgets and group types.
|5* hotels||450 bedrooms|
|4* hotels||2,732 bedrooms|
|3* and under properties||1,071 bedrooms|
|Other (student accommodation / home sharing)||256 bedrooms|
Beautiful, regal and full of history, Windsor’s venues have something for everyone.
Tour the sites or head to a private island hidden on the River Thames, Windsor has wondrous incentive options for all tastes.