Your event, made in Bath
- An ancient spa town, Bath is a centre of wellness and relaxation and the only place where groups can bathe in naturally thermal waters.
- Astronomer Herschel discovered the planet Uranus at his Bath home in 1781 and the city provided its most famous resident, Jane Austen, with literary inspiration.
- For a cultural experience, there are many fascinating museums and galleries, housed in grand Georgian buildings, where event organisers can hold a reception or a private dinner.
- Bath is also a city known for sporting excellence. Bath Racecourse has meetings facilities available for hire, while watching Bath Rugby is a brilliant incentive.
- The University of Bath received its Royal Charter in 1966. It is established as a top 10 UK university with a reputation for research and teaching excellence.
Bath is a compact city, just 15 minutes’ walk from one side of the centre to the other. The transport interchange is also in the city centre, providing routes to and from London in under 90 minutes.
Funded doctoral researchers from the University of Bath are placed within UK businesses involved in the games, animation, simulation and cultural industries as part of the city’s Centre for Digital Entertainment. Whilst the Centre of the Analysis of Motion, Entertainment, Research & Applications (CAMERA) is a £5 million RCUK-funded research centre based at the University of Bath, developing assistive and advanced motion-tracking technologies for human performance enhancement, rehabilitation and creative arts.
SETsquared is an enterprise partnership between the five leading research-led UK universities of Bath, Bristol, Exeter, Southampton and Surrey. Ranked as the Global No. 1 Business Incubator, it provides a wide range of highly acclaimed support programmes to help turn ideas into thriving businesses.
Creative & digital
Bath was acknowledged as the most productive UK digital tech cluster in 2016 and hosts an annual week-long digital festival to explore this thriving scene. To fuel continued growth, I-START is a city-based initiative to help local people gain new skills and re-train for roles in the creative and digital sectors. It’s a collaboration between Bath College, University of Bath, Bath Spa University, Bath & North East Somerset Council and the West of England Combined Authority (WECA). The plan is to create an innovation centre on Bath College’s City Centre campus. As well as training, the innovation centre will also work with businesses, helping the private sector develop new ideas.
Digital Engineering Technology and Innovation (DETI) is a research, innovation and skills initiative bringing together leading companies, technology disruptors and universities from the West of England. It is pushing the boundaries of the digitally-enabled engineering of the future, helping UK businesses maintain engineering leadership.
Where to stay
From Grade I-listed Georgian town houses and high-end properties with onsite spas, to cosy guesthouses and self-catering apartments, Bath has something to suit every budget.
|3* and under properties
Alongside elegant Georgian buildings, Bath offers planners a mixture of modern purpose-built venues, impressive luxury retreats and quality hotels that offer their own meeting facilities.