Sheffield makes… for a smart event move
- Sheffield is a city in the north of England with real character, bursting with energy and ideas.
- Woven into the stunning Peak District National Park, there’s plenty of opportunities for event attendees to soak up outdoor adventure and city culture, before relaxing with a pint from over 1,000 different beers brewed locally.
- Sheffield makes for a distinctive conference. It’s the birthplace of stainless steel and a city that has given the world bands including the Arctic Monkeys, Pulp, Def Leppard and the Human League.
- It’s a city of creative spirit and unconventional beauty nestled within seven hills.
- Expect awesome venues, legendary delegate experiences, friendly people and culinary delights, against a backdrop of northern cool.
Sheffield’s venues, hotels and attractions are all within easy reach of both the UK’s major business centres and overseas destinations.
In the summer of 2019, a new Future Electrical Machines Manufacturing Hub - part of the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council - opened at the University of Sheffield, signalling the city’s combined expertise in electrical machines and manufacturing.
Researchers in the new hub work closely with industry to address global manufacturing challenges in the production of high integrity and high value electrical machines.
Health, clinical research and education
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK’s largest, busiest and most successful NHS foundation trusts. It provides a full range of hospital and community services for people in Sheffield, as well as specialist care for patients from further afield.
It also manages five of Yorkshire’s best known teaching hospitals and, with around 17,000 employees, it is one of the biggest employers locally.
The University of Sheffield is one of the UK’s leading universities for energy-related research.
Its researchers, who work across a range of disciplines from science and engineering to the arts, humanities and social sciences, are finding low carbon solutions to the world’s biggest energy challenges.
The University of Sheffield recently launched its flagship Energy Institute to bring together and share its vast energy research across fields including renewable, nuclear, conventional energy generation, energy storage, energy use and carbon capture, utilisation and storage technology.
Where to stay
Sheffield boasts 2,000 bedrooms within ten minutes walk of centrally located venues. Across the city, there’s 7,649 bedrooms.
|4* hotels||1,155 bedrooms|
|3* and under properties||1,877 bedrooms|
|Other (student accommodation / home sharing)||4,617 bedrooms|
Sheffield has hundreds of indoor and outdoor venues for staging events of all types and sizes. These include residential venues, historical and unusual settings, sporting, plus academic centres of excellence.
Sheffield is the only major UK city with a National Park within its boundary so it’s awash with outdoor incentive ideas such as climbing, bike tours, walking and caving.
The proximity of Sheffield to the surrounding Peak District means that guests will soon be back in the heart of the city to enjoy evening social programmes and world-class dining.