Gift ideas for Mother's Day 2021
Whether you share the same household or live a hundred miles apart, mum definitely deserves some love and appreciation – now more than ever. So why not support local restaurants, hotels, shops and businesses this Mother’s Day (Sunday 14th March) by treating your mum to something truly special? From Mother’s Day hampers to long-awaited days out, here are some tip-top ideas for the perfect Mother’s Day gift.
Spend time together on a relaxing weekend away
It’s been a tough old year, and who deserves a break more than your mum? Whether you’re looking to enjoy one-on-one time together or want to send her off on a little adventure, treat your mum to a voucher for a spa retreat or boutique hotel getaway to use when the time’s right.
- Pamper your mum with a spa break voucher to use at St Albans’ Sopwell House and Cottonmill Spa
- Gift a dinner for two, an overnight stay and even a champagne afternoon tea at the regal Grantley Hall in the Yorkshire Dales
- Buy her a much-needed escape to Lancashire’s grand Stirk House hotel
- Delight this Mothering Sunday with a luxury stay at the opulent Stanley House Hotel & Spa
- Splash out on a stay at the timeless and atmospheric Mermaid Inn in the picturesque village of Rye
- Book a future stay at Norwich's 12th-century Maids Head Hotel. Add a special touch with a choice of add-ons, from champagne afternoon tea to 5-course tasting meals
- Escape to the spa for a belated Mother's Day meet-up, courtesy of Center Parcs' Aqua Sana vouchers
- Have something to look forward to - like spa days and overnight escapes - at the Limewood Hotel in Hampshire
- Pay it forward with a gift voucher to use at Windermere's Gilpin Hotel...the Michelin-starred afternoon tea looks utterly divine
- Splash out on a soul-soothing experience or overnight stay at a luxurious Champneys Spa
- Pick from a selection of overnight stays at West Sussex's Bailiffscourt Hotel
- Pencil in some overdue bonding time at The Belfry in Sutton Coldfield
- Plan a trip down to Falmouth for a stay at the luxurious St Michaels Resort
- Treat mum to a fun family break away at a wonderful Park Holidays park, packed with fantastic facilities
Treat her to indulgent food and drink
Forget petrol station flowers and supermarket choccies…why not switch up your foodie gift with a lovingly made hamper or a bottle of her favourite tipple?
- From teatime tins to chocolate-filled goody bags, Betty’s hand-picked hampers and gift boxes are ideal for the sweet-toothed love of your life
- Give your mum a bottle or two of English vino from Kent’s own Chapel Down vineyard
- Treat her to award-winning macarons or the chance to try exclusive recipes at Norwich-based Macarons & More's cookery school.
- Gift your Queen of Hearts some cherry and custard apple-flavoured gin from Norwich’s Gyre & Gimble
- Plan an indoor picnic with the help of sumptuous afternoon tea and pasty hampers from The Cornish Hamper Store
- Indulge mum in some virtual gin tasting with Cumbria's Shed 1 Distillery
- Give mum a night off cooking with a restaurant-quality meal with South Causey at Home
- Based in Newcastle? Make Mother's Day extra special with an afternoon tea delivery
- Grab a very rare bottle of triple-distilled, single-cask English Malt whisky, from The English Whisky Company. There are only 204 bottles available, so you'll have to be quick!
- Treat her to a Mother's Day hamper, bursting with delicious Norfolk artisan products from The Goat Shed
- Send your mum a big hug in the form of a delicious 4-course menu from Grasmere's The Yan
Surprise her with theatre, arts and culture
No matter our age, we’ve all missed out on theatre trips, our favourite artists’ gigs and visits to galleries and museums this past year, so give your loving mother something to look forward to with a voucher for a show or day out to use once restrictions have eased.
- Surprise your theatre-loving mum with a gift voucher to Manchester’s Royal Exchange, which can be redeemed on shows, workshops, tours and in the theatre’s shop and restaurant
- From operatic spectacles to foot-tapping showstoppers, Yorkshire’s theatres and art centres offer a range of gift vouchers perfect for music lovers and drama enthusiasts
- Gift some culture with a V&A Annual Membership, which includes free, exclusive access to new exhibitions and priority booking on museum events
- Give mum the freedom to get out exploring again with a year of unlimited access to England's incredible historic sites with an English Heritage Membership
- Give a gift that keeps on giving with a National Trust Membership, which allows members free entry to an array of gardens, historic houses and more
Give her a truly unforgettable experience
Whether your mum loves her arts and crafts or has been banging on about a hot air balloon ride, businesses across the country have heaps of memorable gift experiences that are sure to bring a smile to her face.
- From Thai to tapas, treat your mum to a top-quality cooking class together at Leeds Cookery School
- Looking for something she won't expect? How about a gentle hot air balloon ride over the sights of Bristol?
- Let mum blend her own booze with a Hotham's Virtual Gin School experience
- Give her the chance to express her creativity with an online class with Hampshire Art Studio
- Unleash her inner artist with a botanical drawing course with Worcester Cathedral
- Treat your mum to a top-deck tour of London's iconic sites accompanied by a scrumptious afternoon tea
- Get a gift voucher for a calming canal cruise (complete with sweet treats) in Staffordshire with Georgie's Canal Cruises
- Help your mum stay connected to all things wild and beautiful with Yorkshire Wildlife Trust's Nature Natters - where she can enjoy a friendly chat about wildlife gardening, birds, bumblebees and more
- Thrill your mum with a post-lockdown adventure with a gift card to Up at The O2
- Snap up a gift voucher to one of Kent's most coveted activities, a Husky Hike, at Eagle Heights Wildlife Foundation.
- From alpaca walks to vineyard tours and cheese making, get your mum a day out she'll never forget with Uniquely Local's Yorkshire-based experiences