Walk among dinosaurs on a fossil hunting tour or put nerves to the test at a thrilling theme park. Get close to nature and camp in protected woodland or stay aboard a lighthouse or a barge on your family holidays. Bike rides and picnics in a national park, long afternoons at the beach exploring rockpools, baffling mazes and hide and seek in the grounds of a stately home: England is packed with inspiring child friendly holidays and activities. If you think learning is for stuffy school rooms, think again. Discover the secrets of the Tudors and Victorians, marvel at Roman remains and re-live bloody battles and beheadings on days out with the kids.
- Central England (70) Apply Central England filter
- Derbyshire (12) Apply Derbyshire filter
- Herefordshire (2) Apply Herefordshire filter
- Leicestershire (6) Apply Leicestershire filter
- Lincolnshire (12) Apply Lincolnshire filter
- Nottinghamshire (16) Apply Nottinghamshire filter
- Peak District (7) Apply Peak District filter
- Rutland (1) Apply Rutland filter
- Shropshire (7) Apply Shropshire filter
- Staffordshire (5) Apply Staffordshire filter
- Warwickshire (9) Apply Warwickshire filter
- West Midlands (2) Apply West Midlands filter
- Worcestershire (3) Apply Worcestershire filter
- East of England (12) Apply East of England filter
- North East England (71) Apply North East England filter
- Durham (5) Apply Durham filter
- East Riding of Yorkshire (6) Apply East Riding of Yorkshire filter
- North Yorkshire (20) Apply North Yorkshire filter
- Northumberland (8) Apply Northumberland filter
- South Yorkshire (3) Apply South Yorkshire filter
- Tyne and Wear (12) Apply Tyne and Wear filter
- West Yorkshire (8) Apply West Yorkshire filter
- Yorkshire (38) Apply Yorkshire filter
- North West England (48) Apply North West England filter
- South East England (108) Apply South East England filter
- Bedfordshire (3) Apply Bedfordshire filter
- Berkshire (2) Apply Berkshire filter
- Buckinghamshire (5) Apply Buckinghamshire filter
- East Sussex (13) Apply East Sussex filter
- Hampshire (26) Apply Hampshire filter
- Hertfordshire (6) Apply Hertfordshire filter
- Isle of Wight (9) Apply Isle of Wight filter
- Kent (11) Apply Kent filter
- London (13) Apply London filter
- Oxfordshire (11) Apply Oxfordshire filter
- Surrey (4) Apply Surrey filter
- West Sussex (3) Apply West Sussex filter
- South West England (94) Apply South West England filter
- Central England (70) Apply Central England filter
- Accessible breaks and places to stay (3) Apply Accessible breaks and places to stay filter
- Activities (128) Apply Activities filter
- Boating (6) Apply Boating filter
- Countryside pursuits (5) Apply Countryside pursuits filter
- Cycling (24) Apply Cycling filter
- Extreme Sports (11) Apply Extreme Sports filter
- Going underground (13) Apply Going underground filter
- Tours and trails (21) Apply Tours and trails filter
- Walking and hiking (14) Apply Walking and hiking filter
- Watersports (14) Apply Watersports filter
- Autumn Break Ideas (34) Apply Autumn Break Ideas filter
- Budget (87) Apply Budget filter
- City (90) Apply City filter
- Coast (97) Apply Coast filter
- Countryside (149) Apply Countryside filter
- Areas of outstanding natural beauty (6) Apply Areas of outstanding natural beauty filter
- Forests and woodlands (30) Apply Forests and woodlands filter
- Gardens and Parks (15) Apply Gardens and Parks filter
- Lakes and waterways (9) Apply Lakes and waterways filter
- National Parks (27) Apply National Parks filter
- Wildlife and Nature Reserves (15) Apply Wildlife and Nature Reserves filter
- Culture (65) Apply Culture filter
- Festivals and carnivals (17) Apply Festivals and carnivals filter
- Hidden gems (1) Apply Hidden gems filter
- Literature, film and TV (14) Apply Literature, film and TV filter
- Museums galleries and libraries (42) Apply Museums galleries and libraries filter
- Music and nightlife (3) Apply Music and nightlife filter
- Music festivals in England (4) Apply Music festivals in England filter
- Outdoor art and sculpture (2) Apply Outdoor art and sculpture filter
- Performing arts (1) Apply Performing arts filter
- Seasonal celebrations (10) Apply Seasonal celebrations filter
- Days Out in England (39) Apply Days Out in England filter
- Events (42) Apply Events filter
- April events (1) Apply April events filter
- August events (7) Apply August events filter
- December events (11) Apply December events filter
- February events (1) Apply February events filter
- July events (6) Apply July events filter
- June events (3) Apply June events filter
- Local events (1) Apply Local events filter
- November events (1) Apply November events filter
- October events (4) Apply October events filter
- September events (2) Apply September events filter
- (-) Remove Family filter Family
- Attractions (115) Apply Attractions filter
- Dog friendly (8) Apply Dog friendly filter
- Indoor Activities (55) Apply Indoor Activities filter
- Outdoor Activities (49) Apply Outdoor Activities filter
- Playtime (26) Apply Playtime filter
- Theme Parks (19) Apply Theme Parks filter
- Toddler Friendly Holidays (64) Apply Toddler Friendly Holidays filter
- Zoos wildlife and safari parks (32) Apply Zoos wildlife and safari parks filter
- Food and Drink (10) Apply Food and Drink filter
- Heritage (108) Apply Heritage filter
- Archaeological sites (3) Apply Archaeological sites filter
- Castles and Historic Properties (26) Apply Castles and Historic Properties filter
- Historic sites and icons (3) Apply Historic sites and icons filter
- Industrial Maritime And Transport (26) Apply Industrial Maritime And Transport filter
- Military history (22) Apply Military history filter
- Myths Legends and Tales (5) Apply Myths Legends and Tales filter
- Royal (1) Apply Royal filter
- World heritage sites (3) Apply World heritage sites filter
- Lifestyle (6) Apply Lifestyle filter
- Romance (5) Apply Romance filter
- Sport (4) Apply Sport filter
Get in touch with your inner Tarzan at Go Ape
Looking for some active fun? Stop monkeying around and spend the day at Go Ape where you can fly down a zip wire or leap off Tarzan Swings.
Location: Northwich, Cheshire
Family fun at Blakemere Village
If you're looking for a day out that’s great for adults and also family-friendly, why not head to Blakemere Village?
Location: Northwich, Cheshire
Savour your scoops at The Ice Cream Farm
Keep the kids happy with more than 40 delicious flavours of ice cream, an outdoor play area, farm, quad bikes, mini golf and more...
Location: Tattenhall, Cheshire
Enjoy splendiferous fun at the Roald Dahl Museum
Ever wondered where Charlie and the Chocolate Factory started? This family-friendly museum has answers for children and adults of all ages.
Location: Great Missenden, Buckinghamshire
Tree top adventures and forest segways at Wendover Woods
Take to the trees for breath-taking views of the Chilterns and Black Park.
Location: Wendover, Buckinghamshire
Be at one with birds of prey at Rosliston Forestry Centre
There’s something special about being close to a bird of prey; those round watchful eyes on high alert, fixing you with a dominating stare.
Location: Rosliston, Derbyshire
Enjoy a wild night out with bushcraft at Catton Hall
Let Woodland Ways teach you the basics of bushcraft in a fun and safe environment whilst spending time outdoors and sleeping under the stars.
Location: Catton, Derbyshire
Experience steam-age travel on the Nene Valley Railway
Visit one of England’s leading steam engine and locomotive attractions, based in Northamptonshire's Nene Valley.
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Step into the Industrial Revolution at Quarry Bank
This fascinating industrial heritage site transports visitors back to 18th century Northern England and the life of a thriving cotton mill community.
Location: Styal, Cheshire
Discover Cornwall's Eden Project
Five biomes nestled under five giant bubbles in the hills of Cornwall make for one of Britain's most impressive indoor eco-attractions.
Location: St Austell, Cornwall
Discover the Witterings on a coastal break
Spot multi-coloured sailing boats, follow your nose in fudge shops and snuggle down in cosy pubs on a visit to The Witterings.
Location: Witterings, West Sussex
Head to Salcombe for butterscotch beaches and electric blue water
A haven for yachties and those who prefer to keep their deck shoes firmly on dry land.
Location: Salcombe, Devon
Visit the Diamond Isle
Enjoy a 10 min trip on the Needles Park Chairlift and go dinosaur hunting.
Location: Isle of Wight
Travel back to the 1930s at Berkonscot Model Village
Bekonscot is the world’s oldest and original model village and model railway, and a tribute to one man’s eccentricity.
Location: Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire
Visit the home of the WWII codebreakers at Bletchley Park
Once Britain’s best kept secret, this major visitor attraction was also the filming location for The Imitation Game starring Benedict Cumberbatch.
Location: Bletchley, Milton Keynes
Underground & over ground adventures at Go Ape
Release your Tarzan and journey to the centre of the earth on an epic double adventure in Derbyshire’s beautiful Buxton.
Location: Buxton, Derbyshire
Rainy Day Activities: Uncover underwater secrets at Blue Planet Aquarium
Discover clown fish, reef magic, giant octopus and plenty more indoor activities as you immerse in this underwater world.
Location: Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
Take the whole family to Chester Zoo
Venture to tantalising tropical islands in the heart of Cheshire with innovative exhibits at the UK’s most popular zoo.
Location: Upton near Chester, Cheshire
Get your thrills and spills at Gulliver’s World
With more than 50 rides and attractions suitable for the whole family, a short break to Gulliver's World is sure to leave you giddy with glee.
Location: Warrington, Cheshire
Catch some waves at Woolacombe Beach
North Devon has some of the county’s most popular family beaches, including award-winning Woolacombe.
Location: Woolacombe, Devon
Follow themed trails through Haldon Forest Park
Walk, cycle, horse ride, segway or Go Ape at Haldon Forest Park near Exeter.
Location: Exeter, Devon