The word ‘bored’ doesn’t exist around here. Not when you could be clinging to the crags on a rock-climbing experience in a national park, cycling cross-county through ancient heathlands or joining a subterranean adventure into limestone caves. If these adventure holidays sound a bit extreme for you, try more sedate outdoor activities like a gentle afternoon on horseback in a former royal hunting forest, rural rambles along a foodie trail or fossil hunting on a prehistoric beach. Or perhaps you’d like to try something new on your activity holidays. Archery lessons in an ancient forest and countryside llama trekking sound pretty cool, don’t they?
- Central England (70) Apply Central England filter
- Derbyshire (15) Apply Derbyshire filter
- Herefordshire (4) Apply Herefordshire filter
- Leicestershire (3) Apply Leicestershire filter
- Lincolnshire (7) Apply Lincolnshire filter
- Northamptonshire (1) Apply Northamptonshire filter
- Nottinghamshire (15) Apply Nottinghamshire filter
- Peak District (13) Apply Peak District filter
- Rutland (2) Apply Rutland filter
- Shropshire (12) Apply Shropshire filter
- Staffordshire (5) Apply Staffordshire filter
- Warwickshire (5) Apply Warwickshire filter
- West Midlands (4) Apply West Midlands filter
- Worcestershire (3) Apply Worcestershire filter
- East of England (25) Apply East of England filter
- North East England (65) Apply North East England filter
- Durham (5) Apply Durham filter
- East Riding of Yorkshire (5) Apply East Riding of Yorkshire filter
- North Yorkshire (22) Apply North Yorkshire filter
- Northumberland (5) Apply Northumberland filter
- South Yorkshire (6) Apply South Yorkshire filter
- Tyne and Wear (4) Apply Tyne and Wear filter
- West Yorkshire (9) Apply West Yorkshire filter
- Yorkshire (43) Apply Yorkshire filter
- North West England (64) Apply North West England filter
- South East England (83) Apply South East England filter
- Bedfordshire (2) Apply Bedfordshire filter
- Buckinghamshire (5) Apply Buckinghamshire filter
- East Sussex (16) Apply East Sussex filter
- Hampshire (21) Apply Hampshire filter
- Hertfordshire (2) Apply Hertfordshire filter
- Isle of Wight (5) Apply Isle of Wight filter
- Kent (7) Apply Kent filter
- London (13) Apply London filter
- Oxfordshire (10) Apply Oxfordshire filter
- West Sussex (2) Apply West Sussex filter
- South West England (120) Apply South West England filter
- Central England (70) Apply Central England filter
- Accessible breaks and places to stay (1) Apply Accessible breaks and places to stay filter
- (-) Remove Activities filter Activities
- Boating (49) Apply Boating filter
- Countryside pursuits (12) Apply Countryside pursuits filter
- Cycling (64) Apply Cycling filter
- Extreme Sports (29) Apply Extreme Sports filter
- Going underground (11) Apply Going underground filter
- Golf (3) Apply Golf filter
- Tours and trails (110) Apply Tours and trails filter
- Walking and hiking (87) Apply Walking and hiking filter
- Watersports (30) Apply Watersports filter
- Autumn Break Ideas (5) Apply Autumn Break Ideas filter
- Budget (91) Apply Budget filter
- City (105) Apply City filter
- Coast (86) Apply Coast filter
- Countryside (202) Apply Countryside filter
- Areas of outstanding natural beauty (19) Apply Areas of outstanding natural beauty filter
- Forests and woodlands (34) Apply Forests and woodlands filter
- Gardens and Parks (2) Apply Gardens and Parks filter
- Lakes and waterways (27) Apply Lakes and waterways filter
- National Parks (48) Apply National Parks filter
- Wildlife and Nature Reserves (9) Apply Wildlife and Nature Reserves filter
- Culture (33) Apply Culture filter
- Architectural wonders (4) Apply Architectural wonders filter
- Festivals and carnivals (3) Apply Festivals and carnivals filter
- Hidden gems (1) Apply Hidden gems filter
- Literature, film and TV (17) Apply Literature, film and TV filter
- Museums galleries and libraries (11) Apply Museums galleries and libraries filter
- Music and nightlife (3) Apply Music and nightlife filter
- Outdoor art and sculpture (8) Apply Outdoor art and sculpture filter
- Seasonal celebrations (1) Apply Seasonal celebrations filter
- Days Out in England (11) Apply Days Out in England filter
- Events (13) Apply Events filter
- December events (2) Apply December events filter
- June events (1) Apply June events filter
- Local events (1) Apply Local events filter
- May events (1) Apply May events filter
- November events (1) Apply November events filter
- October events (3) Apply October events filter
- September events (3) Apply September events filter
- Family (128) Apply Family filter
- Attractions (33) Apply Attractions filter
- Indoor Activities (22) Apply Indoor Activities filter
- Outdoor Activities (9) Apply Outdoor Activities filter
- Playtime (4) Apply Playtime filter
- Theme Parks (2) Apply Theme Parks filter
- Toddler Friendly Holidays (8) Apply Toddler Friendly Holidays filter
- Zoos wildlife and safari parks (4) Apply Zoos wildlife and safari parks filter
- Food and Drink (13) Apply Food and Drink filter
- Breweries and distilleries (3) Apply Breweries and distilleries filter
- Cookery courses (1) Apply Cookery courses filter
- Eating out (2) Apply Eating out filter
- Food markets and experiences (1) Apply Food markets and experiences filter
- Regional specialities (2) Apply Regional specialities filter
- Vineyards and wine tasting (3) Apply Vineyards and wine tasting filter
- Heritage (77) Apply Heritage filter
- Abbeys cathedrals and sacred places (2) Apply Abbeys cathedrals and sacred places filter
- Archaeological sites (3) Apply Archaeological sites filter
- Castles and Historic Properties (4) Apply Castles and Historic Properties filter
- Historic sites and icons (6) Apply Historic sites and icons filter
- Industrial Maritime And Transport (6) Apply Industrial Maritime And Transport filter
- Military history (6) Apply Military history filter
- Myths Legends and Tales (13) Apply Myths Legends and Tales filter
- World heritage sites (8) Apply World heritage sites filter
- Lifestyle (10) Apply Lifestyle filter
- Romance (16) Apply Romance filter
- Sport (3) Apply Sport filter
Get in touch with your inner Tarzan at Go Ape
Looking for some active fun? Stop monkeying around and spend the day at Go Ape where you can fly down a zip wire or leap off Tarzan Swings.
Location: Northwich, Cheshire
Test your limits and climb The Cloud
Push yourself to the limit hiking the Gritstone Trail. With outstanding countryside and amazing views, the 35-mile trail is a challenge and a pleasure.
Location: Lyme Park, Cheshire
Land Rover driving and falconry fun at Peckforton Castle
Always wanted to test drive the latest Land Rover? Spend the day at Peckforton Castle and get ready for the drive of your life.
Location: Tarporley, Cheshire
Walk Cheshire’s beautiful Sandstone Trail
Take a walk on the wild side discovering the ancient market town of Frodsham, Georgian Whitchurch and everything in between.
Location: Frodsham, Cheshire
View Chester from an open-top vintage bus
Ride the open-top vintage bus on a Chester Tour and see the city’s archaeological and architectural heritage.
Location: Chester, Cheshire
Tree top adventures and forest segways at Wendover Woods
Take to the trees for breath-taking views of the Chilterns and Black Park.
Location: Wendover, Buckinghamshire
Explore Nene Park in the River Nene Valley
Imagine somewhere beautiful, safe and unspoilt where you can explore endless meadows, lakes and woodland, and the River Nene.
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
See The National Forest in bloom at Yoxall Lodge
Too many hours indoors during winter’s gloomy days and you’re looking to break out into spring’s fresh air and lengthening daylight hours.
Location: Yoxall, Staffordshire
Walk the breadth of spectacular Stanage Edge
Follow in the footsteps of your literary heroes on Stanage Edge, a dramatic rocky outcrop with equally dramatic moorland views in the Peak District.
Location: Stanage Edge, Derbyshire
Float along London's Regent's Canal
Take a boat from Little Venice to Camden Town along the Regent's Canal
Location: London, Greater London
Walking in the Cotswolds
Join a walking route from Bourton-on-the-Water to the Slaughters.
Herefordshire Cider Circuits
Cycling and cider makes for a great combination in Herefordshire.
Location: Ledbury, Herefordshire
Head out on a Beatles Magical Mystery Tour
Follow in the footsteps of John, Paul, George and Ringo with this immersive tour of where they lived, met and played throughout Liverpool.
Location: Liverpool, Merseyside
Take the plunge canyoning in Cumbria
Ever looked at a waterfall and rather than reaching for the camera, thought ‘I’d like to climb down that’? If so, you’re about to discover your new favourite sport – canyoning.
Location: Bowness, Cumbria
Go punting on the River Cam
Find your inner rhythm in Cambridge as you mess about on the River Cam.
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgshire
Enjoy a boat trip on Canal River Trust's Waterways
Spend your weekend exploring Cheshire’s incredible waterways, at Anderton Boat Lift and the National Waterways Museum.
Location: Anderton, Cheshire
Glide through the waterways of unspoilt Cheshire
Take in quaint villages, welcoming country pubs, majestic industrial heritage sites and even castles on a boat trip through the county’s canals.
Location: Audlem, Cheshire
Climb up Tegg's Nose
Climb to the summit of Tegg’s Nose, admire the views, cycle the routes and even try your hand at rock climbing.
Location: Macclesfield, Cheshire
Experience the adventure and thrills of the Monsal Trail
Whizz through four former railway tunnels on your bicycle and enjoy breathtaking views on the Monsal Trail.
Location: Hassop, Derbyshire
Take a cruise on the Grand Union Canal
Get on-board for a leisurely cruise into the heart of the Chiltern Hills, enjoying impressive views of the Buckinghamshire countryside.
Location: Pitstone, Buckinghamshire