The charming northern county of West Yorkshire promises vibrant cities, industrial heritage towns and pretty Pennine villages in equal doses. There’s no shortage of things to do in West Yorkshire. Drop into cosmopolitan Leeds for museums and galleries and elegant shopping centres, feel the wind in your hair on Pennine trails and cycle ways, visit Bradford for Victorian industrial heritage and grand city parks, or pack a copy of Wuthering Heights and head to Haworth to explore Brontë-country villages and vales in this inspiring literary county. With so many places to visit in West Yorkshire, you’ll soon be planning your return trip.
Places to visit in West Yorkshire
- (-) Remove North East England filter North East England
- City (1) Apply City filter
- (-) Remove Food and Drink filter Food and Drink
- (-) Remove Breweries and distilleries filter Breweries and distilleries
- (-) Remove Pubs and cocktail bars filter Pubs and cocktail bars
- (-) Remove Tours and trails filter Tours and trails
24 hours in Leeds
Victorian warehouses and shiny 21st-century architecture collide to awesome effect in this gritty Yorkshire city.
Follow the real ale trail with Leeds Brewery
The city’s largest brewery operates six characterful pubs full of charm. Each one serves locally brewed ale in a unique setting.
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire