Museums, galleries and libraries
Immerse yourself in other worlds and cultures, become an expert for a day on the Egyptians or vintage aeroplanes, and stare amazed at art exhibitions the world comes to see. Museums and art galleries in England take you to faraway places. You get to peek into distant lives by travelling just a few footsteps. At the last count there were around 1,600 museums in England, catering to almost every interest you can imagine. Many of them are housed in buildings as impressive as the collections within.
- Activities (1) Apply Activities filter
- Autumn Break Ideas (1) Apply Autumn Break Ideas filter
- Budget (1) Apply Budget filter
- City (2) Apply City filter
- (-) Remove Culture filter Culture
- (-) Remove Museums galleries and libraries filter Museums galleries and libraries
- (-) Remove Family filter Family
- Attractions (1) Apply Attractions filter
- (-) Remove Indoor Activities filter Indoor Activities
- (-) Remove Heritage filter Heritage
- (-) Remove Military history filter Military history
Rainy Day Activities: Discover military history at The Royal Armouries
Britain’s national museum of arms and armour is home to a fascinating and unique collection, including the only existing suit of armour built for an elephant.
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
Rainy Day Activities: Step into history in the Churchill War Rooms
Delve underground into Churchill’s War Cabinet Rooms and uncover the secret location which housed the Prime Minister during WWII.
Location: Westminster, London