Museums, galleries and libraries
Immerse yourself in other worlds and cultures, become an expert for a day on the Egyptians or vintage aeroplanes, and stare amazed at art exhibitions the world comes to see. Museums and art galleries in England take you to faraway places. You get to peek into distant lives by travelling just a few footsteps. At the last count there were around 1,600 museums in England, catering to almost every interest you can imagine. Many of them are housed in buildings as impressive as the collections within.
- City (1) Apply City filter
- (-) Remove Coast filter Coast
- (-) Remove Harbours and fishing villages filter Harbours and fishing villages
- (-) Remove Family filter Family
- (-) Remove Heritage filter Heritage
- (-) Remove Industrial Maritime And Transport filter Industrial Maritime And Transport
- Military history (1) Apply Military history filter
- (-) Remove Museums galleries and libraries filter Museums galleries and libraries
- (-) Remove Summer filter Summer
Step on board HMS M.33, a small ship with a big history
Visit Portsmouth’s Historic Dockyard this summer and you'll find a new addition to its amazing maritime collection.
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire