Museums, galleries and libraries
Immerse yourself in other worlds and cultures, become an expert for a day on the Egyptians or vintage aeroplanes, and stare amazed at art exhibitions the world comes to see. Museums and art galleries in England take you to faraway places. You get to peek into distant lives by travelling just a few footsteps. At the last count there were around 1,600 museums in England, catering to almost every interest you can imagine. Many of them are housed in buildings as impressive as the collections within.
- Autumn Break Ideas (1) Apply Autumn Break Ideas filter
- (-) Remove Coast filter Coast
- (-) Remove Culture filter Culture
- (-) Remove Museums galleries and libraries filter Museums galleries and libraries
- Outdoor art and sculpture (1) Apply Outdoor art and sculpture filter
- Heritage (1) Apply Heritage filter
Explore the Barbara Hepworth Museum
Whether you’re a garden lover, art aficionado or simply a St Ives devotee you can’t fail to fall for the magic of the Barbara Hepworth Museum and Sculpture Garden.
Location: St Ives, Cornwall
Discover Salcombe’s rich maritime and WWII history
From its rich maritime and wartime history to Otto Overbeck’s ‘electrical rejuvenator’, Salcombe is filled with historic gems.
Location: Salcombe, Devon