Museums, galleries and libraries
Immerse yourself in other worlds and cultures, become an expert for a day on the Egyptians or vintage aeroplanes, and stare amazed at art exhibitions the world comes to see. Museums and art galleries in England take you to faraway places. You get to peek into distant lives by travelling just a few footsteps. At the last count there were around 1,600 museums in England, catering to almost every interest you can imagine. Many of them are housed in buildings as impressive as the collections within.
- Budget (1) Apply Budget filter
- (-) Remove Countryside filter Countryside
- (-) Remove Areas of outstanding natural beauty filter Areas of outstanding natural beauty
- Gardens and Parks (1) Apply Gardens and Parks filter
- (-) Remove Culture filter Culture
- (-) Remove Museums galleries and libraries filter Museums galleries and libraries
- Heritage (2) Apply Heritage filter
- (-) Remove Summer filter Summer
Climb Broadway Tower
Have a pre-Raphaelite holiday retreat in the Cotswolds.
Location: Broadway, Worcestershire
Explore the rooms and grounds of Snowshill Manor
From suits of Samurai armour to antique bicycles of all shapes and sizes, there are about 22,000 reasons to take a nose round Snowshill Manor.
Location: Snowshill, Gloucestershire
Retrace the Cotswolds’ Arts and Crafts movement
Explore William Morris's Cotswolds as you relive the area's arts and crafts movement in Chipping Campden and Broadway.
Location: Chipping Campden & Broadway, Gloucestershire