Enthusiasts can enjoy the sights and sounds of battlegrounds and warfare from the safety of a warm and welcoming visitor centre and military museum. There are lessons in everything from the difference between a cutlass and a broadsword, the evolution of the suit of armour to the use of cannons in moorland battles. You can even learn about the development of the supersonic jet fighter. Military re-enactments offer a spectacular opportunity for the amateur historian who longs for the past to be brought to life complete with the whiff of gunpowder in the air.
- (-) Remove South East England filter South East England
- Coast (1) Apply Coast filter
- (-) Remove Going underground filter Going underground
- (-) Remove Heritage filter Heritage
- (-) Remove Military history filter Military history
- Indoor Activities (1) Apply Indoor Activities filter
- (-) Remove Summer filter Summer
Rainy Day Activities: Explore underground history at Ramsgate Tunnels
Take a step back in time to discover what life was like in this network of underground tunnels, home to thousands of people during the Second World War.
Location: Ramsgate, Kent