Enthusiasts can enjoy the sights and sounds of battlegrounds and warfare from the safety of a warm and welcoming visitor centre and military museum. There are lessons in everything from the difference between a cutlass and a broadsword, the evolution of the suit of armour to the use of cannons in moorland battles. You can even learn about the development of the supersonic jet fighter. Military re-enactments offer a spectacular opportunity for the amateur historian who longs for the past to be brought to life complete with the whiff of gunpowder in the air.
- (-) Remove Budget filter Budget
- City (1) Apply City filter
- (-) Remove Culture filter Culture
- (-) Remove Museums galleries and libraries filter Museums galleries and libraries
- (-) Remove Family filter Family
- Attractions (1) Apply Attractions filter
- (-) Remove Indoor Activities filter Indoor Activities
- (-) Remove Heritage filter Heritage
- (-) Remove Military history filter Military history
- (-) Remove Summer filter Summer
Rainy Day Activities: Discover military history at The Royal Armouries
Britain’s national museum of arms and armour is home to a fascinating and unique collection, including the only existing suit of armour built for an elephant.
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire