Enthusiasts can enjoy the sights and sounds of battlegrounds and warfare from the safety of a warm and welcoming visitor centre and military museum. There are lessons in everything from the difference between a cutlass and a broadsword, the evolution of the suit of armour to the use of cannons in moorland battles. You can even learn about the development of the supersonic jet fighter. Military re-enactments offer a spectacular opportunity for the amateur historian who longs for the past to be brought to life complete with the whiff of gunpowder in the air.
- (-) Remove South East England filter South East England
- (-) Remove City filter City
- Coast (1) Apply Coast filter
- (-) Remove Family filter Family
- (-) Remove Attractions filter Attractions
- (-) Remove Heritage filter Heritage
- (-) Remove Industrial Maritime And Transport filter Industrial Maritime And Transport
- (-) Remove Military history filter Military history
- Museums galleries and libraries (1) Apply Museums galleries and libraries filter
- (-) Remove Summer filter Summer
Step on board HMS M.33, a small ship with a big history
Visit Portsmouth’s Historic Dockyard this summer and you'll find a new addition to its amazing maritime collection.
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire