Lakes and waterways
Messing about on canal boat holidays is one of the finest ways to enjoy an ever-changing vista against a backdrop of songbirds, wild flowers and the buzz of dragonflies. Board a canal boat and cast off for adventure on a historic network of inland waterways and lakes. You will encounter locks, swing bridges, tunnels and aqueducts. If you feel bold, steer through majestic hill ranges on your canal holidays. Or moor up for shopping and lunch in picturesque small towns. By sundown, you will be ready to enjoy a pint of traditional real ale and a ploughman’s lunch at a riverside pub.
- Activities (1) Apply Activities filter
- (-) Remove City filter City
- (-) Remove Countryside filter Countryside
- (-) Remove Lakes and waterways filter Lakes and waterways
- (-) Remove Literature, film and TV filter Literature, film and TV
- Romance (1) Apply Romance filter
Recreate the real Alice in Wonderland’s river trip
Take an Oxford River Cruise trip along the Thames just like the real Alice in Wonderland many years ago.
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire