Industrial, maritime and transport
Rides on steam railways can take you to the birthplaces of the Industrial Revolution. As the thrilling shriek of the steam engine whisks you back through the decades, stunning countryside streaks past your window. Next, explore our industrial heritage at a perfectly preserved mill town or a fascinating mining village. Discover what made our island nation great at dockyards and maritime museums, as the kids clamber over 18th-century steam ships and 19th-century tea clippers resplendent in their restored glory. Don’t miss the transport museums and military air shows that showcase staggering feats of automotive and aeronautical engineering.
- Budget (1) Apply Budget filter
- (-) Remove Coast filter Coast
- Days Out in England (1) Apply Days Out in England filter
- (-) Remove Family filter Family
- Outdoor Activities (1) Apply Outdoor Activities filter
- (-) Remove Toddler Friendly Holidays filter Toddler Friendly Holidays
- (-) Remove Heritage filter Heritage
- (-) Remove Industrial Maritime And Transport filter Industrial Maritime And Transport
- Regional specialities (1) Apply Regional specialities filter
Have a traditional Victorian seaside experience
Head to the delightful seaside town of Saltburn-by-the-Sea for a fun trip up a sea-cliff lift and dine on fish and chips with a view.
Location: Saltburn-by-the-Sea, North Yorkshire