Industrial, maritime and transport
Rides on steam railways can take you to the birthplaces of the Industrial Revolution. As the thrilling shriek of the steam engine whisks you back through the decades, stunning countryside streaks past your window. Next, explore our industrial heritage at a perfectly preserved mill town or a fascinating mining village. Discover what made our island nation great at dockyards and maritime museums, as the kids clamber over 18th-century steam ships and 19th-century tea clippers resplendent in their restored glory. Don’t miss the transport museums and military air shows that showcase staggering feats of automotive and aeronautical engineering.
- (-) Remove North West England filter North West England
- (-) Remove Budget filter Budget
- (-) Remove City filter City
- (-) Remove Culture filter Culture
- (-) Remove Museums galleries and libraries filter Museums galleries and libraries
- (-) Remove Heritage filter Heritage
- Historic sites and icons (1) Apply Historic sites and icons filter
- (-) Remove Industrial Maritime And Transport filter Industrial Maritime And Transport
Take your pick from Liverpool’s rich cultural gems
Liverpool is a thriving capital of culture with museums and galleries for every taste, many of which are free to explore. Dip in and emerge inspired.
Location: Liverpool, Merseyside