Historic sites and icons
England is dotted with famous monuments and historic sites, from ancient burial grounds and abandoned mines to standing stones, stone circles and icons from far more recent times. People from around the world have been drawn to mysterious Stonehenge for more than 50,000 years and this national treasure continues to intrigue more than 1 million visitors each year. Who or what put those giant stones into place? Is the site an ancient calendar, a burial ground or a place of worship? More recently, the Iron Bridge is symbolic of the achievements of the Industrial Revolution.
- (-) Remove South West England filter South West England
- (-) Remove Countryside filter Countryside
- (-) Remove Heritage filter Heritage
- (-) Remove Historic sites and icons filter Historic sites and icons
- (-) Remove Walking and hiking filter Walking and hiking
Discover Wiltshire's oldest White Horse chalk carving
Enjoy an undulating walk to the Westbury White Horse, whilst being presented with fabulous views of the Wiltshire countryside.
Location: Westbury, Wiltshire