Historic sites and icons
England is dotted with famous monuments and historic sites, from ancient burial grounds and abandoned mines to standing stones, stone circles and icons from far more recent times. People from around the world have been drawn to mysterious Stonehenge for more than 50,000 years and this national treasure continues to intrigue more than 1 million visitors each year. Who or what put those giant stones into place? Is the site an ancient calendar, a burial ground or a place of worship? More recently, the Iron Bridge is symbolic of the achievements of the Industrial Revolution.
- (-) Remove Architectural wonders filter Architectural wonders
- Boating (1) Apply Boating filter
- City (1) Apply City filter
- (-) Remove Heritage filter Heritage
- (-) Remove Castles and Historic Properties filter Castles and Historic Properties
- (-) Remove Historic sites and icons filter Historic sites and icons
- (-) Remove World heritage sites filter World heritage sites
- Indoor Activities (1) Apply Indoor Activities filter
Stand astride the Prime Meridian at the Royal Observatory Greenwich
Stand with one foot in the east and one in the west and feel on top of the world at this historic observatory.
Location: Greenwich, London