Lift history off the pages and explore historic England. With hundreds of award-winning heritage attractions, interactive museums and visitor centres, commemorative memorials and nearly 20 UNESCO World Heritage Sites all crammed into one small country, you’ll trip over history at every turn. It’s virtually impossible to ignore this country's mythical and fabled characters, horrible histories, legendary monarchs and influential leaders as you discover Neolithic mounds and Roman ruins, thatched Tudor houses and spacious Victorian squares, prehistoric remains, spooky medieval gaols and historic towns in England. Hire a Blue Badge guide for an in-depth tour of your area of interest.
- (-) Remove North West England filter North West England
- (-) Remove Activities filter Activities
- (-) Remove Countryside filter Countryside
- (-) Remove Lakes and waterways filter Lakes and waterways
- (-) Remove Heritage filter Heritage
- (-) Remove Industrial Maritime And Transport filter Industrial Maritime And Transport
- (-) Remove Summer filter Summer
Enjoy a boat trip on Canal River Trust's Waterways
Spend your weekend exploring Cheshire’s incredible waterways, at Anderton Boat Lift and the National Waterways Museum.
Location: Anderton, Cheshire