Lift history off the pages and explore historic England. With hundreds of award-winning heritage attractions, interactive museums and visitor centres, commemorative memorials and nearly 20 UNESCO World Heritage Sites all crammed into one small country, you’ll trip over history at every turn. It’s virtually impossible to ignore this country's mythical and fabled characters, horrible histories, legendary monarchs and influential leaders as you discover Neolithic mounds and Roman ruins, thatched Tudor houses and spacious Victorian squares, prehistoric remains, spooky medieval gaols and historic towns in England. Hire a Blue Badge guide for an in-depth tour of your area of interest.
- (-) Remove Activities filter Activities
- (-) Remove Budget filter Budget
- (-) Remove City filter City
- (-) Remove Heritage filter Heritage
- (-) Remove Archaeological sites filter Archaeological sites
- (-) Remove Summer filter Summer
Go back in time and discover the original Roman City walls
Follow in the footsteps of Romans as you explore the history of the walls that protected the original City of London.
Location: London, Greater London