Harbours and fishing villages
The click-clack of bobbing boat masts, the squawk of seagulls and the call of the fishermen as they return to harbour are the sounds of fishing villages in England to cheer the soul. Wander through winding, cobbled streets, stop for lunch in tiny restaurants serving the catch-of-the-day, and watch teenage daredevils dive off the jetty in summer time. On a more energetic day, take a walk along stunning coastlines to explore inlets and coves and castles that overlook bays. Enjoy a boat trip to spot seals, islands and rocky outcrops. And when you get back reward yourself with an ice cream.
- Budget (1) Apply Budget filter
- (-) Remove Coast filter Coast
- (-) Remove Harbours and fishing villages filter Harbours and fishing villages
- Heritage (1) Apply Heritage filter
- (-) Remove National Parks filter National Parks
- (-) Remove Spring filter Spring
Discover the quirky side of Robin Hood’s Bay
Enjoy a traditional seaside break with a twist at this old smuggling and fishing village on the North York Moors National Park coast.
Location: Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby