Harbours and fishing villages
The click-clack of bobbing boat masts, the squawk of seagulls and the call of the fishermen as they return to harbour are the sounds of fishing villages in England to cheer the soul. Wander through winding, cobbled streets, stop for lunch in tiny restaurants serving the catch-of-the-day, and watch teenage daredevils dive off the jetty in summer time. On a more energetic day, take a walk along stunning coastlines to explore inlets and coves and castles that overlook bays. Enjoy a boat trip to spot seals, islands and rocky outcrops. And when you get back reward yourself with an ice cream.
- City (1) Apply City filter
- (-) Remove Coast filter Coast
- (-) Remove Harbours and fishing villages filter Harbours and fishing villages
- (-) Remove Family filter Family
- (-) Remove Attractions filter Attractions
- (-) Remove Heritage filter Heritage
- (-) Remove Industrial Maritime And Transport filter Industrial Maritime And Transport
- (-) Remove Military history filter Military history
- Museums galleries and libraries (1) Apply Museums galleries and libraries filter
- (-) Remove Summer filter Summer
Step on board HMS M.33, a small ship with a big history
Visit Portsmouth’s Historic Dockyard this summer and you'll find a new addition to its amazing maritime collection.
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire