Festivals in England
The more eccentric the festivals in England, the greater the fervour with which we embrace them. St George’s Day is celebrated at concerts and creative events around the country with parades, maypole dancing and thrilling enactments of St George slaying the dragon. May Day fêtes on village greens mark the start of summer. Be entertained by a Morris dancing troupe and the crowning of the May Queen. On Bonfire Night, join a parade through towns where effigies of the traitorous Guy Fawkes are held aloft and eventually burnt. Cheer as the fireworks light up the smoky November sky.
- (-) Remove Activities filter Activities
- Countryside (1) Apply Countryside filter
- (-) Remove Events filter Events
- (-) Remove Festivals and carnivals filter Festivals and carnivals
- (-) Remove Spring filter Spring
May events: Put your best foot forward at WalkFest
Put a spring in your step over the spring bank holiday weekend at the North York Moors National Park’s annual walking festival.
Location: North York Moors, North Yorkshire