Days out and trips in England
Find the best days out near you and plan your next day trip with our handy guide. Whether you're planning a family day out or a day trip in your local area, you'll find a range of zoos, theme parks, outdoor activities and much more to help shape your big day out in England.
- Central England (2) Apply Central England filter
- East of England (1) Apply East of England filter
- North East England (1) Apply North East England filter
- North West England (1) Apply North West England filter
- South East England (3) Apply South East England filter
- South West England (1) Apply South West England filter
- Activities (1) Apply Activities filter
- Autumn Break Ideas (3) Apply Autumn Break Ideas filter
- Budget (1) Apply Budget filter
- City (1) Apply City filter
- Coast (2) Apply Coast filter
- Countryside (2) Apply Countryside filter
- Culture (1) Apply Culture filter
- (-) Remove Days Out in England filter Days Out in England
- (-) Remove Family filter Family
- (-) Remove Summer filter Summer
16 of the best days out
Discover fun days out that are all an hour or less away from a major city.
Get your thrills and spills at Gulliver’s World
With more than 50 rides and attractions suitable for the whole family, a short break to Gulliver's World is sure to leave you giddy with glee.
Location: Warrington, Cheshire
See London in miniature at the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort
See the London Eye, Big Ben and Tower Bridge made entirely of LEGO in the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort's Miniland attraction.
Location: Windsor, Berkshire
Step into Peppa Pig World at Paultons Park
Meet their favourite characters and enjoy a variety of toddler-friendly rides at the first official Peppa Pig theme park in the world.
Location: New Forest, Hampshire
Take the kids to Fantasy Island
Round up your little devils and set off to Fantasy Land - a fun-packed amusement park, in the seaside resort of Skegness, with attractions for all the family, even the smallest members!
Location: Skegness, Lincolnshire
Let loose at WildRootz
Let the kids get up close and personal with nature, in all its muddy glory, at WildRootz, in Pensthorpe Wildlife and Gardens.
Location: Fakenham, Norfolk
Take a walk on the wild side in East Lincolnshire
Explore salty and sandy beaches as you seek out wildlife on the beautiful Lincolnshire coast.
Location: Mablethorpe, Lincolnshire
Enjoy panoramic views on the Bath Skyline Walk
Enjoy a family break in Bath with some outdoor fun at Bath Skyline’s woodland play area before enjoying sweeping views across the city.
Location: Bath, Somerset
Take the kids to meet the Lucky Dog of Todmorden
Centre Vale Park is home to 'The Lucky Dog' of Todmorden, made famous by Derren Brown in his 2011 show, The Experiments.
Location: Todmorden, West Yorkshire
Play Pooh sticks in Ashdown Forest
Take a walk through the magical wood where Christopher Robin, Winnie-the-Pooh, Piglet, Rabbit, Tigger and Eeyore roam.
Location: Hartfield, East Sussex