Days out and trips in England
Find the best days out near you and plan your next day trip with our handy guide. Whether you're planning a family day out or a day trip in your local area, you'll find a range of zoos, theme parks, outdoor activities and much more to help shape your big day out in England.
- Central England (3) Apply Central England filter
- North East England (1) Apply North East England filter
- North West England (2) Apply North West England filter
- South East England (10) Apply South East England filter
- Bedfordshire (1) Apply Bedfordshire filter
- Berkshire (1) Apply Berkshire filter
- East Sussex (1) Apply East Sussex filter
- Hampshire (1) Apply Hampshire filter
- Hertfordshire (1) Apply Hertfordshire filter
- Isle of Wight (1) Apply Isle of Wight filter
- London (1) Apply London filter
- Oxfordshire (1) Apply Oxfordshire filter
- Surrey (2) Apply Surrey filter
- South West England (2) Apply South West England filter
- Activities (1) Apply Activities filter
- (-) Remove Autumn Break Ideas filter Autumn Break Ideas
- Budget (3) Apply Budget filter
- City (3) Apply City filter
- Coast (4) Apply Coast filter
- Countryside (7) Apply Countryside filter
- Areas of outstanding natural beauty (1) Apply Areas of outstanding natural beauty filter
- Forests and woodlands (1) Apply Forests and woodlands filter
- Gardens and Parks (3) Apply Gardens and Parks filter
- Lakes and waterways (1) Apply Lakes and waterways filter
- Wildlife and Nature Reserves (2) Apply Wildlife and Nature Reserves filter
- (-) Remove Days Out in England filter Days Out in England
- Family (17) Apply Family filter
- Attractions (10) Apply Attractions filter
- Outdoor Activities (9) Apply Outdoor Activities filter
- Playtime (5) Apply Playtime filter
- Theme Parks (7) Apply Theme Parks filter
- Toddler Friendly Holidays (13) Apply Toddler Friendly Holidays filter
- Zoos wildlife and safari parks (7) Apply Zoos wildlife and safari parks filter
- Food and Drink (1) Apply Food and Drink filter
- Heritage (1) Apply Heritage filter
- Hidden gems (1) Apply Hidden gems filter
16 of the best days out
Discover fun days out that are all an hour or less away from a major city.
Take the whole family to Chester Zoo
Venture to tantalising tropical islands in the heart of Cheshire with innovative exhibits at the UK’s most popular zoo.
Location: Upton near Chester, Cheshire
See London in miniature at the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort
See the London Eye, Big Ben and Tower Bridge made entirely of LEGO in the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort's Miniland attraction.
Location: Windsor, Berkshire
Discover dinosaur footprints on the beach
Everyone who has been to the beach has seen footprints left in the sand, but have you ever seen ones that have been left by a dinosaur?
Location: Brook, Isle of Wight
Go on an exotic adventure at Woburn Safari Park
Explore the habitats of lions, zebras, giraffes and much more at this family-friendly, conservation-focused safari park.
Location: Woburn, Bedfordshire
Step into Peppa Pig World at Paultons Park
Meet their favourite characters and enjoy a variety of toddler-friendly rides at the first official Peppa Pig theme park in the world.
Location: New Forest, Hampshire
Spy on endangered wildfowl at Rutland Water Nature Reserve
Visit Rutland Water's famous wildfowl sanctuary, covering a 1,000 acres of bird hides, mucky nature trails and interactive visitor centres.
Location: Rutland Water, Rutland
Take the kids to Fantasy Island
Round up your little devils and set off to Fantasy Land - a fun-packed amusement park, in the seaside resort of Skegness, with attractions for all the family, even the smallest members!
Location: Skegness, Lincolnshire
Go bananas for Trentham Monkey Forest
Pay a visit to the only place in Britain where you can walk among 140 Barbary macaques roaming free in 60 acres of forest.
Location: Trentham , Staffordshire
Family fun at Cotswold Wildlife Park and Gardens
The appeal of Cotswold Wildlife Park and Gardens goes way beyond its remarkable wildlife collection to breeding programmes and exuberant gardens.
Location: Burford, Oxfordshire
Plan your trip to Chessington World of Adventures
Non-stop adventures await all the family with thrilling rides, Gruffalo themed shows and even an on-site zoo and aquarium.
Location: Chessington, Surrey
Get your fair share of thrills on Brighton Pier
From the traditional helter skelter to heart-racing thrills overlooking the sea, the iconic Brighton Pier is a seaside theme park for families of all ages.
Location: Brighton & Hove, East Sussex
Prepare to be thrilled at Thorpe Park
Adrenaline-seekers will not want to miss this adventure park which has 25 thrills and attractions so there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
Location: Chertsey, Surrey
Get closer to the animals at Paradise Wildlife Park
Venture to Hertfordshire for an exciting day out with the family at this award-winning zoo; see a range of exotic animals and enjoy a whole host of experiences and attractions.
Location: Broxbourne, Hertfordshire
Explore the UK's first safari park at Longleat
Feed giraffes by hand and walk on the wildside with lemurs at this popular safari park, found in the picturesque grounds of historic Longleat House.
Location: Longleat, Wiltshire
Take a dip in Bude Sea Pool
Take the whole family to this part man-made, part natural sea pool which nestles under the cliffs at Summerleaze beach in Bude.
Location: Bude, Cornwall
Learn, enjoy and discover at Blackpool Zoo
There’s something here to tickle everyone’s creepy crawly fancy, from crocodiles and rattlesnakes, to sea lions and emus.
Location: Blackpool, Lancashire
Pick your own at Parkside Farm
Blackberries, raspberries, strawberries... time to get picking and fill those baskets at Parkside Farm.
Location: Enfield, London
Immerse yourself in the magic of The Alnwick Garden
Let the little ones run free around the 12 acres of gardens at the multi award-winning Alnwick Gardens in Northumberland.
Location: Alnwick, Northumberland