English culture encompasses everything from vintage fashion to futuristic architecture crowned with swish rooftop restaurants and bars. Culture old and new fuses effortlessly in our big cities, where Victorian museums host cutting-edge modern artists. And you’ll find hoards of cultural activities in the countryside and along the coast too. Follow sculpture trails hidden in woodlands, walk in the footsteps of your favourite fictional characters on a film or literature tour, catch a film screening in the grounds of a Tudor mansion and stop by one of numerous art galleries popping up in seaside resorts on your cultural holidays.
- City (1) Apply City filter
- (-) Remove Culture filter Culture
- (-) Remove Arts and cultural events filter Arts and cultural events
- Festivals and carnivals (1) Apply Festivals and carnivals filter
- (-) Remove Literature, film and TV filter Literature, film and TV
- (-) Remove Events filter Events
- (-) Remove Spring filter Spring
Experience York's Literature Festival
Rub shoulders with best-selling authors as York gets all bookish.
Location: York, North Yorkshire