Both genteel and wild, there’s nothing quite like the English countryside for rural escapes with its patchwork hills, dramatic dales, ancient woodlands and winding country roads. All well and good, but what is there to do in England’s countryside exactly? Quite a lot, actually. Admire the grand interiors of a stately home before catching a play in the surrounding gardens, travel back in time with visits to ancient stone circles and crumbling castles, or step into a chocolate box of quaint villages and market towns and live like a local, trying farmhouse cheeses, cream teas and real ales along the way.
- (-) Remove Countryside filter Countryside
- (-) Remove Heritage filter Heritage
- Abbeys cathedrals and sacred places (1) Apply Abbeys cathedrals and sacred places filter
- (-) Remove Castles and Historic Properties filter Castles and Historic Properties
- (-) Remove Myths Legends and Tales filter Myths Legends and Tales
- (-) Remove Winter filter Winter
Immerse yourself in Byron's Nottinghamshire
Discover why notorious romantic poet Lord Byron was 'mad, bad and dangerous to know', with a sumptuous stay at his former home.
Location: Nottingham, Nottinghamshire