The sea breeze swishing through your hair, the sensation of wet sand between your toes and the smell of vinegary chips lingering at your nostrils: everyone has vivid memories of their childhood seaside holidays. Relish that nostalgic feeling again but this time add a modern twist. Bumble about on creaky Victorian piers crowned with roller coasters, have a chinwag with a local artist in their seaside studio or lace up your hiking boots for a cliff-top stroll in search of puffins and gannets. Hungry? The freshest seafood and gourmet restaurants await, as do hand-warming portions of fish ‘n’ chips. Start planning your coastal holidays.
- Central England (6) Apply Central England filter
- East of England (3) Apply East of England filter
- North East England (18) Apply North East England filter
- North West England (7) Apply North West England filter
- South East England (33) Apply South East England filter
- South West England (28) Apply South West England filter
- Activities (27) Apply Activities filter
- Autumn Break Ideas (5) Apply Autumn Break Ideas filter
- Budget (33) Apply Budget filter
- City (12) Apply City filter
- (-) Remove Coast filter Coast
- Countryside (14) Apply Countryside filter
- Areas of outstanding natural beauty (4) Apply Areas of outstanding natural beauty filter
- Forests and woodlands (1) Apply Forests and woodlands filter
- Gardens and Parks (1) Apply Gardens and Parks filter
- National Parks (3) Apply National Parks filter
- Wildlife and Nature Reserves (4) Apply Wildlife and Nature Reserves filter
- Culture (5) Apply Culture filter
- Festivals and carnivals (5) Apply Festivals and carnivals filter
- Literature, film and TV (1) Apply Literature, film and TV filter
- Museums galleries and libraries (1) Apply Museums galleries and libraries filter
- Music and nightlife (1) Apply Music and nightlife filter
- Music festivals in England (2) Apply Music festivals in England filter
- Outdoor art and sculpture (1) Apply Outdoor art and sculpture filter
- Days Out in England (12) Apply Days Out in England filter
- Events (12) Apply Events filter
- (-) Remove Family filter Family
- Attractions (17) Apply Attractions filter
- Dog friendly (3) Apply Dog friendly filter
- Indoor Activities (2) Apply Indoor Activities filter
- Outdoor Activities (11) Apply Outdoor Activities filter
- Playtime (4) Apply Playtime filter
- Theme Parks (5) Apply Theme Parks filter
- Toddler Friendly Holidays (17) Apply Toddler Friendly Holidays filter
- Zoos wildlife and safari parks (1) Apply Zoos wildlife and safari parks filter
- Heritage (16) Apply Heritage filter
- Archaeological sites (1) Apply Archaeological sites filter
- Castles and Historic Properties (4) Apply Castles and Historic Properties filter
- Historic sites and icons (1) Apply Historic sites and icons filter
- Industrial Maritime And Transport (4) Apply Industrial Maritime And Transport filter
- Military history (2) Apply Military history filter
- Myths Legends and Tales (1) Apply Myths Legends and Tales filter
- World heritage sites (1) Apply World heritage sites filter
- Lifestyle (1) Apply Lifestyle filter
- Regional specialities (1) Apply Regional specialities filter
- Romance (1) Apply Romance filter
- Sporting Events (1) Apply Sporting Events filter
Discover the Witterings on a coastal break
Spot multi-coloured sailing boats, follow your nose in fudge shops and snuggle down in cosy pubs on a visit to The Witterings.
Location: Witterings, West Sussex
Head to Salcombe for butterscotch beaches and electric blue water
A haven for yachties and those who prefer to keep their deck shoes firmly on dry land.
Location: Salcombe, Devon
Visit the Diamond Isle
Enjoy a 10 min trip on the Needles Park Chairlift and go dinosaur hunting.
Location: Isle of Wight
Catch some waves at Woolacombe Beach
North Devon has some of the county’s most popular family beaches, including award-winning Woolacombe.
Location: Woolacombe, Devon
Cycle alongside the Exe Estuary
Jump on a bike to explore the beautiful Exe Estuary, taking in the lovely scenery, villages and landscapes along a 26 mile-long route.
Location: Exeter, Devon
Learn the ropes at Chatham’s The Historic Dockyard
Immerse yourself in 400 years of discovery at the world’s most complete dockyard from the Age of Sail.
Location: Chatham, Kent
Nightly summer bandstand concerts and weekly fireworks
The UK’s busiest bandstand on Eastbourne’s seafront offers nightly concerts from pop to rock throughout summer, with a weekly firework crescendo.
Location: Eastbourne, East Sussex
Action packed watersports at Camber Sands
Kite-flyers and windsurfers of all ages and abilities should head to Camber Sands - a dramatic sandy beach on the south coast, and the perfect spot to catch the waves.
Location: Camber Sands, East Sussex
Coast to countryside views from Arundel Castle
Explore Arundel’s rich history and heritage with re-enactments and family fun-days at Arundel Castle.
Location: Arundel, West Sussex
Have a great British seaside break at Butlin's Bognor Regis
Famous for long sunshine hours, royal visits and Billy Butlin, the seaside town of Bognor Regis, on the border of the South Downs National Park, is the perfect destination for a family-friendly short break.
Location: Bognor Regis, West Sussex
Kayak around The Needles rocks and lighthouse
How would you like to get up close and personal with one of the Isle of Wight’s most iconic landmarks?
Location: Freshwater, Isle of Wight
Take a bargain break with all the trimmings at Totland
On the west coast of the Isle of Wight, YHA Totland has the beach, heaps of countryside walks and great local attractions on its doorstep.
Location: Totland, Isle of Wight
Go walking with dinosaurs
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to walk alongside the dinosaurs that once roamed the earth? Well now you can…
Location: Sandown, Isle of Wight
Get lost in Blackgang Chine’s world of imagination
Lose yourself in the Land of Imagination at Blackgang Chine…the UK’s oldest amusement park where you step out of the everyday and into a magical world where the only constraint is your own creativity.
Location: Blackgang, Isle of Wight
Discover dinosaur footprints on the beach
Everyone who has been to the beach has seen footprints left in the sand, but have you ever seen ones that have been left by a dinosaur?
Location: Brook, Isle of Wight
Build sandcastles at Bamburgh Beach
Do you know your cockles from your winkles? St. Aidan and Grace Darling certainly did. And what better place to learn than on Bamburgh Beach.
Location: Bamburgh, Northumberland
Bask in the traditional charm of Shanklin Seafront
Shanklin Seafront is one of the Isle of Wight's most popular seaside resorts, with loads to keep the kids quiet and plenty of places for adults to take it easy.
Location: Shanklin, Isle of Wight
Step into the cockpit of Blackpool’s Red Arrow Skyforce ride
Blackpool Pleasure Beach has joined forces with the world famous Red Arrows for a new 72ft-high white knuckle ride that’s great for family holidays.
Location: Blackpool, Lancashire
Picnic in Blackpool’s largest park
Stanley Park, in the heart of Blackpool, is renowned for being one of the region's finest parks.
Location: Blackpool, Lancashire
See everything Blackpool has to offer with one Pass
The Blackpool Resort Pass is back for 2018, and its set for the most exciting year yet!
Location: Blackpool, Lancashire
Marvel at prehistoric cliffs and caves
The magnificent coastline of South Tyneside tells a story that stretches far beyond the stunning aesthetics of the golden sands and rugged cliffs.
Location: Marsden, South Tyneside