Experience a distinctive mix of old and new, traditional and cutting edge in a host of ever-evolving English cities. Browse streets full-to-bursting with boutiques that boast the latest fashions and admire futuristic architecture towering above medieval monuments. Be dazzled by modern musicals, much-loved plays and works of art by the likes of Turner, Emin and Banksy. As day melts into night, indulge in Michelin-starred dishes and tongue-tingling curries before ordering a gin and tonic at a late-night museum event or throwing your best shapes at one of many buzzing cocktail bars and nightclubs. City breaks have never been so exciting.
- (-) Remove City filter City
- (-) Remove Culture filter Culture
- (-) Remove Arts and cultural events filter Arts and cultural events
- Festivals and carnivals (1) Apply Festivals and carnivals filter
- (-) Remove Literature, film and TV filter Literature, film and TV
- (-) Remove Events filter Events
- (-) Remove March events filter March events
Experience York's Literature Festival
Rub shoulders with best-selling authors as York gets all bookish.
Location: York, North Yorkshire