Central England has the wow-factor when it comes to dramatic countryside. Clamber craggy peaks and moors in the Peak District National Park, bike deep through the National Forest or turn back the clock to the industrial age on the Grand Union Canal. Step into the West Midlands’ cities in style in shoppers' paradise Birmingham and cathedral city Coventry. Enjoy Shakespearean plays at the theatres, discover the Bard’s quaint family homes in Stratford-upon-Avon, and head to Sherwood Forest for adventures with England’s favourite outlaw. Be prepared for a culinary adventure too. Central England has a mouth-watering plethora of specialities from sticky Bakewell tart to sizzling balti curries and Stilton cheese.
- Autumn Break Ideas (1) Apply Autumn Break Ideas filter
- (-) Remove Countryside filter Countryside
- Lakes and waterways (1) Apply Lakes and waterways filter
- (-) Remove Wildlife and Nature Reserves filter Wildlife and Nature Reserves
- Days Out in England (1) Apply Days Out in England filter
- (-) Remove Family filter Family
Spy on endangered wildfowl at Rutland Water Nature Reserve
Visit Rutland Water's famous wildfowl sanctuary, covering a 1,000 acres of bird hides, mucky nature trails and interactive visitor centres.
Location: Rutland Water, Rutland