Central England has the wow-factor when it comes to dramatic countryside. Clamber craggy peaks and moors in the Peak District National Park, bike deep through the National Forest or turn back the clock to the industrial age on the Grand Union Canal. Step into the West Midlands’ cities in style in shoppers' paradise Birmingham and cathedral city Coventry. Enjoy Shakespearean plays at the theatres, discover the Bard’s quaint family homes in Stratford-upon-Avon, and head to Sherwood Forest for adventures with England’s favourite outlaw. Be prepared for a culinary adventure too. Central England has a mouth-watering plethora of specialities from sticky Bakewell tart to sizzling balti curries and Stilton cheese.
- (-) Remove Budget filter Budget
- (-) Remove City filter City
- (-) Remove Heritage filter Heritage
- (-) Remove Abbeys cathedrals and sacred places filter Abbeys cathedrals and sacred places
- (-) Remove Myths Legends and Tales filter Myths Legends and Tales
- (-) Remove Summer filter Summer
Chase the Lincoln Imp at Lincoln Cathedral
Hear the story of the mischievous Imp that has been a symbol of Lincoln for centuries.
Location: Lincoln, Lincolnshire