From sumptuous stuccoed villas to handsome Roman aqueducts, thrillingly high-tech suspension bridges and beautiful baroque palaces, English architecture competes valiantly with everything the natural world creates. Discover the architectural heritage of our country, with different styles and periods on display throughout every town, often within the same edifice.
The historical architecture of cathedrals that took more than 1,000 years to complete will dazzle. Keep cameras ready for impressive Norman and gothic buildings. If you prefer something more contemporary, check out striking public buildings, libraries and performing arts centres, which have been designed with function as much as form in mind.
- (-) Remove East of England filter East of England
- Activities (1) Apply Activities filter
- (-) Remove Budget filter Budget
- City (1) Apply City filter
- (-) Remove Culture filter Culture
- (-) Remove Architectural wonders filter Architectural wonders
- (-) Remove Heritage filter Heritage
Explore Cambridge University
Take a walking tour through the colleges that make up one of the most prestigious universities in the world – Cambridge.
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire