The word ‘bored’ doesn’t exist around here. Not when you could be clinging to the crags on a rock-climbing experience in a national park, cycling cross-county through ancient heathlands or joining a subterranean adventure into limestone caves. If these adventure holidays sound a bit extreme for you, try more sedate outdoor activities like a gentle afternoon on horseback in a former royal hunting forest, rural rambles along a foodie trail or fossil hunting on a prehistoric beach. Or perhaps you’d like to try something new on your activity holidays. Archery lessons in an ancient forest and countryside llama trekking sound pretty cool, don’t they?
- (-) Remove North East England filter North East England
- (-) Remove Activities filter Activities
- City (1) Apply City filter
- (-) Remove Events filter Events
- (-) Remove September events filter September events
- (-) Remove Sport filter Sport
- (-) Remove Sporting Events filter Sporting Events
September events: Test your fitness levels at The Great North Run
The Great North Run is an iconic half marathon with more than 54,000 runners registering to take part every year.
Location: Newcastle, Tyne and Wear