Abbeys, cathedrals and sacred places
Man’s symbols of faith, from monasteries and churches to mosques, synagogues and temples, are part of the English landscape and offer oases of quiet contemplation, and intrigue. Centuries of history are beneath your feet and before your eyes at stone circles, crumbling abbey ruins, medieval chapels, ancient monoliths, holy wells and chambered tombs. Trace the history of our society through our holy places. Most were at one time the focal point of their community, be it a bustling city or a tiny rural village.
- (-) Remove Budget filter Budget
- (-) Remove City filter City
- (-) Remove Heritage filter Heritage
- (-) Remove Abbeys cathedrals and sacred places filter Abbeys cathedrals and sacred places
- Music and nightlife (1) Apply Music and nightlife filter
- Romance (1) Apply Romance filter
- (-) Remove Winter filter Winter
Join the Knights Templar in the original Temple Church
Enter the English headquarters of the Knights Templar in the 13th Century and immerse yourself in its varied history.
Location: London, Greater London
Experience Cambridge evensong
The perfect musical accompaniment on a winter evening in Cambridge.
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire